NEWS FROM YOUR PTA
Welcome back Belugas! For those of you new to Browns Point Elementary, this “In the Loop” email is our way of keeping our families informed on important dates and events that are happening at our school. The Loop is a great place to find all the information that you’ll need to feel connected and informed. As your PTA, we want you to feel heard. If at any time you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us, we are here to help! Just shoot us an email at BrownspointPTA@gmail.com
Join the PTA:
PTA Membership: A primary way to make it the best school year for your family and our community is to join the PTA! This is your chance to be a member of a great organization that funds many of the amazing opportunities you see around the school. Your support enhances your child’s(ren’s) experiences at our school and we want to hear from you! When you join PTA, you are not obligated to attend all meetings nor volunteer; you can participate as much or as little as you would like or able, finding a perfect balance that is right for you. Our goal is to have ALL families join the PTA this year! Here is the link to purchase: Single Membership ($10) or Family Membership ($20, Recommended).Thank you in advance for your support!
Popcorn Fridays are here! The cost is $10 for the year (that’s 10 popcorn fridays!) All proceeds go to support the Browns Point 5th grade class fundraising efforts.
1. Purchase by visiting www.brownspointpta.com/shop
2. Add Popcorn Friday(s) to your cart, and include your student(s) name(s), grade(s), and Teacher(s)
3. Consider adding a “Pop it Forward” order to your cart! This would cover a whole year of popcorn for a child who would otherwise go without.
We are so excited that school is back and that means PTA will need your support and we are thrilled to announce our annual Dance-A-Thon! We will be sending lots of information home about how your students can be involved, but for now we have two ways for families to support the Dance-a-thon – our biggest fundraising event of the year!
1. Dance-A-Thon T-Shirt Sponsors: Once again this year, every student at Browns Point will receive a very special Dance-a-thon t-shirt with student designed art on the front and featuring generous local businesses on the back. Our goal is to always provide as much as we can to every student in our school and build that Beluga Pride. Do you work for or own a local business who wants to give back? Have your business name or logo featured on the 2022 Dance-a-thon t-shirt! Tax deductible donation of $100 for business name, $200 for business logo, or $500 for title sponsor. Don’t miss your chance to be included! Deadline is September 23, 2022. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info! Visit https://www.brownspointpta.com/documents for frequently asked questions on sponsorships.
2. Dance-A-Thon Prizes: We are putting together our fabulous prize packages for the top 6 fundraisers and weekly prize drawings for all students who bring in donations. Donations are greatly welcome to help us make the prizes fun and exciting to motivate our students! Our prize packages this year include the following themes: Sports, Outdoor Fun, Art, STEM, Family Fun and Super Reader. If you are interested in making a prize donation or have a great contact to procure a donation, please click the sign up genius link: Dance A Thon Prize Donations 2022 Or feel free to contact us at email@example.comWe’d love to receive these items by October 7th - Thanks for your generosity! Visit https://www.brownspointpta.com/documents for frequently asked questions on prizes.
The garden had a fantastic summer! The beautiful sunflowers that our Belugas planted last spring were bright and happy all summer long. Along with the giant sunflowers, we grew a variety of herbs and veggies and were able to harvest and donate over 50 lbs of produce to the local Browns Point Nourish Food Bank! Next time you walk by, check out our fall crop which is starting to come up - we planted rainbow swiss chard, beets, sugar snap peas, and lots of carrots!
We were happy to see so many families pop in while playing at the school over break. A huge thank you to everyone that helped water, weed and care for this special space at BPE. We have a lot of exciting things planned for this school year and are excited to see the garden grow and expand. If you are interested in helping out in the garden, please reach out to the Garden Committee at BPEGarden@gmail.com.
Please consider being an Art Docent!
What is an Art Docent?
An art docent is a parent volunteer who assists in teaching art to the kids.
You are more than welcome to choose which teacher(s) you’d like to teach art for.
Does the Art Docent come up with these lessons to teach?
Nope! It’s all prepared for you, from the lessons to the supplies.
I’m a little apprehensive about teaching a lesson to a classroom. What if I’m not a “Teacher”?
You don’t have to be! Discuss with your classroom teacher to find a common middle ground. Some teachers prefer to take the reins while others give you the floor to present the lesson. Ideally each teacher has 2 art docents assigned to them to rotate responsibilities.
How much of a time commitment is this?
Approximately 2 hours a month. You and your teacher come up with the times and day(s) for this.
What if I can’t do my lesson that month?
No problem! We all work together to make sure each classroom has coverage.
The Art Docent Leads (Jennifer Le & Kelly Mero) are available to step in as well.
Want more info?
Please reach out to Jennifer Le @ Jenrle@Icloud.com
Art Docent information meeting: End of Sept (time & day TBD)
Welcome back to school Belugas! Don’t forget to snap those First Day of School pictures! Show off those smiles, new outfits, and cute chalkboard signs! If you would like to submit your child’s Back to School photos for our 2022-2023 school yearbook, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them to our Community Content Folder at https://tr5.treering.com/school/239768/school-content/school-photos/238039717. Let’s make this year’s yearbook the best one yet!
Yearbook back to school sale! Yearbook sales are up and running! Order before September 30th, 2022 to receive 10% off your yearbook price! Go to www.treering.com/validate. Enter our school passcode: 1016373328434808. Regular yearbook prices before taxes and discounts are $20.15!
We want to stay connected with you so don’t forget to follow Browns Point PTA on social media where we post reminders about important events, fun community building posts, and more.
We would like to thank Kerri Kinnee for stepping into the role of Acting President and Vice President and doing an amazing job!